Thursday 23 May 2013

Not Sew Easy!

Evening everyone, I had 5 mins to myself, so I thought I’d post this card I made recently. I have added some sewing to this one, I felt it needed something more, but not too much more being a male card and I always admire the sewing that I see on cards in Blog land, so I got out my needle and thread and had a go. Well, all I can say is - hats off to the sewers out there and now I remember why I don’t do it very often! The thread kept dropping out of my needle and I was all thumbs! I think it was probably worth it in the end, it doesn’t look too bad, but the needle and thread have been put back in their box for now!

Relax

Relax2

Image - ‘Relax’ from the Mulberry Wood range – Crafter’s Companion coloured with Promarkers
Papers - ‘Garden Party’ – Dovecraft
Card, buttons, ribbon, twine & sentiment – J & C Creations
Dies used: SB ‘Leafy Squares’ & ‘A2 Scalloped Borders One’

Challenges:
’Masculine’ – Crafter’s Companion
’Spring Has Sprung’ – Ready-Teddy-Go
’Sew Special’ – Penny Black & More @ Allsorts
’Button It Up’ – Stampin For The Weekend
’Bingo’ – Catch The Bug (button/die cut/sewing)
’Must Have Buttons’ – Here Come The Boys
’Makes For Men’ – That Craft Place
’Animals’ – Dream Valley
’Anything Goes’ – I ♥ Promarkers
'Tie It Up’ – Cute Card Thursday


Thanks for looking!
Natx

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful,love the image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweetie and i see you like sewing as much as i do :-), i always use faux, as i can't be bothered to get the needle and cotton out !!, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sewing Nat!! its fab huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card. Gorgeous image and beautiful colouring. Your stitching looks really great too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Nat, adorable image and your stitching looks fab.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Nat. The little bear is so sweet and your stitching looks fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image, papers, stitching and layers.

    regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear me Nat, I'll try again, obviously got up too early this morning and seems like afternoon already.

    Your lovely card is perfect for our theme and well done you on getting down to the sewing.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I love your stitching.
    In my opinion hand stitching adds to the character of the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous nat.stunning image and design and I love your stitching ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute! so glad you could join us in our challenge this weeks at Catch the Bug !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card and great papers. Love all of the design details. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, so sweet, love the image and the stitching looks great. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Nat, I'm admiring your sewing !! Great image and layout and the buttons are the perfect finishing touch!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us over at Here Come the Boys and don't forget to enter our birthday candy, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving this sweet card, and how you've taken so much care in designing it so beautifully and creatively. It's just lovely! If you are able and have time, I would be just THRILLED to have you stop by ANY TIME and share with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, and I would just LOVE having you link your beautiful art with us. I hope you will stop by to check us out and play along!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card recently...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card, love the lo!Thanks for joining us for our ‘Spring has Sprung’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your wonderful sweet card
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a shame you have consigned the needle back to a dark corner! I absolutely adore the blanket stitch edges. It gives your card a very rustic feel and makes it stand out from the norm. Your image is beautifully coloured and there is a fabulous combination of papers and embellishments too.

    Thanks for joining us with this fabulous card

    Lin xx
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x