Thursday 30 May 2013

LLF Colour Combo

We have a fab colour combo as our challenge at Lili’s Little Fairies this week - ‘Purple & Yellow’. We also have a fab sponsor who are offering the winner a £10 voucher for their online store.

Dreamees

Purple & yellow are not colours I would normally put together, having said that I’ve just realised that my last card was purple & yellow! Anyway, they go rather nicely, but I decided to do something a bit different from my normal square scalloped card and when I saw this tutorial at Beccy’s Place, I had to have a go. I must admit I had a couple of tries as my Cuttlebug chewed up the first 2 attempts, I realised that I was asking a bit much trying to put through 2 layers of card and some paper! So I changed my white card to a thinner one, changed my Kraft for some thinner Coredinations and it went through fine! I didn’t have the die that Beccy used (it’s been added to my wish list!), but I thought the ‘Labels 25’ from Spellbinders was a good substitute. The photo’s not bad (my son’s camera phone again), but I wish I’d realised that the flourish had got a bit squished! 

 LLF Purple & Yellow

LLF Purple & Yellow2

LLF Purple & Yellow3

Image - ‘Balloon Bear’ & dotty purple paper – LOTV coloured with Promarkers
Card (Coredinations), yellow checked paper (Craft Creations), flowers & ribbon – J & C Creations
Gems – Anitas
Dies used: SB ‘Tags’, ‘Labels 25’ & Cheery Lynn ‘Exotic Butterflies’ & ‘Fancy Flourish’

Challenges:
’Dies & Punches’ – That Craft Place
’Anything Goes’ – Lacy Sunshine
’Punches And/Or Dies’ – Creative Card Crew
’Tie A Ribbon’ – Divas By Design
’Use Dies (But No Punches)’ – I ♥ Promarkers


Thanks for looking!
Natx

14 comments:

  1. Love this image and your shaped card is fab
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nat, it's so gorgeous and fabulous design...Thanks for the link for the tutorial, must give this a go.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is wonderful Nat. I love the card design, cute image and gorgeous detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous nat.really love the image and your design and colours are stunning ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This is just amazing - will have to Pin this and have a go sometime :-)
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and gorgeous shape
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design brilliant dies cut . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it on the fairy blog! I've been meaning to ask you how to do it so I'll be heading over to the tutorial. Fabulous colours and design - I really love it. Thank you for sharing! Big hugs, jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful, and I adore the colours! Thanks for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine.
    Mandy x (Lacy Sunshine DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing at Diva's this week
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, lovely card design, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love how you cut the gate fold. Really unique. So clever and very pretty.

    Thanks for joining our punches and dies challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Nat! Adore the colours, the little cutie is just so adorable it's unreal and the shape and embellies are superb.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x