Friday 1 March 2013

Lady In Red

Two posts in one day, I am on a roll! I made this card for LOTV’s special challenge as they are celebrating their 9th Birthday – see the side bar for more info. I love LOTV stamps, however I don’t get to use them as much as I like which is why this cutie has not seen the light of day since I bought her with some challenge winnings last year. I was a bit frightened of colouring her, but now I’ve done it I really can’t think why! I decided to shape the card like a fan, but then I got a bit carried away and went and covered up the edges!

LOTV Aimi

Stamp – Aimi With Lantern –
LOTV coloured with Promarkers
The fans were made with a stamp I have had for absolutely years and have no idea where it came from!
Sentiment –
LOTV
Ribbon, silver fan & red embossed card from stash
Flowers – WOC
Pearls, fancy button and silver flowers –
J & C Creations shop
Tools used: SB ‘Floral Ovals’ die, Memory Box ‘Faux Crochet Border’ die & SB M-Bossabilities ‘Whimsy’ embossing folder

Challenges:
'Birthday Card' - LOTV
’Ribbon & Bling’ –
Dream Valley
’Add A Sentiment’ – Whoopsi Daisy
’Mother’s Day/Birthday’ – Inky Chicks
’Birthday’ – Creative Card Crew
’Anything Goes’ – Divas By Design
’Lace And/Or Pearls’ – I ♥ Promarkers
’Something Old’ – Cute Card Thursday (fan stamp, red card and silver fan)
’Use Embossing’ – C.R.A.F.T


Thanks for looking!
Natx

21 comments:

  1. fabulous layering to create such an unsual shaped card. Its fabulous

    Thank you for joining us at whoopsi daisy this week.
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I love what you did and the colors are fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Nat, love the red & black combo!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is stunning thanks for sharing at craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Nat, love it!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing another of your great cards with us at CRAFT Challenges this week. Loving this fanned shape...
    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the whole theme!

    Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks fabulous Nat. I love the shape, gorgeous colours and the pretty border die too. Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning hun and i so love how you have made a fan card too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I've just discovered your lovely Blog via LOTV. What a stunning card. I have this stamp and she can be coloured in so many different ways, She is one of my favourites and most used.
    Chris X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous coloured. Just a stunning card.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Huggsss, Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nat - this is a stunning card. Love your papers, cute image and the pretty fans! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow so stunning nat.really fabulous design and i love the striking colours and gorgeous image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwwwwwww Nat this is STUNNING !!!!!
    Love the black and red together. Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and perfect embellishments
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant creation thanks for sharing with us at Craft with our Embossing challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh this is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Love the colors and design! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  20. soo pretty, my sister would adore this card, she loves this colour scheme, great colouring and card idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x