Monday 25 March 2013

Vintage Fairy

I'm not going to mention the weather, suffice to say my sister will notice the drop in temperature when she arrives for a visit from Mallorca at the end of the week!! Today's card was a bit of a challenge for me as it is a vintage card - a subject I have trouble with (among many, lol!), however I thought I'd give it a go and was reasonably pleased with the result. I have had yet another fiddle with my camera settings and think this time I may have made some improvements - the backing card I have used is a peachy colour and before I made the adjustments the photos came out a bright orange!! After the adjustments they are much nearer, but not exactly the same as the actual card, so I'm feeling a bit happier.



Card blank - 'Vintage Stepper' card - Which Craft
Card (Coredinations), backing papers and decoupaged fairy from the Flower Fairies cd (Rose) all from Crafter's Companion
Ribbon - The Ribbon Girl
Fancy button & pearls - J & C Creations
Leaf charm - Joanna Sheen
Viva pearl pen 'Ice White'
Dies used: SB 'Decorative Labels 8' & Cheery Lynn 'Exotic Butterflies'
Tim Holtz 'Spiced Marmalade' distress ink

Challenges:
'Vintage' - Crafter's Companion
'Shaped Card' - Dutch Dare
'Use Pastels' - Incy Wincy Designs
'Pastel Colours' - Love To Create




Thanks for looking!
Natx

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the desugn and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card Nat, love the sweet image and your layout looks fab!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Thank you for playing this week at L.T.C. Hugs Sandra DT xx http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Nat. The flower fairy looks fabulous and I love the pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too beautiful! ... Hat down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love the design. The fairy is super too. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning!! You really did a splendid job on this card. Thank you for joining us at Crafter's Companion this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous nat.beautiful design and colours and i love the sweet fairy :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is totally beautiful!! Just love the shape and the wonderful details. I'm your newest follower!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. A great shaped card. Thanks for sharing with us at Dutch Dare.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, fab image and design. Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is Beautiful Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x