Monday 24 September 2012

'In the Garden' - card for Joanna Sheen DT Call

Firstly I'd like to say welcome to my new followers, thank you for joining me and sorry everyone, but this post goes on a bit! 

Today's card is a special one as it is my entry for the DT call at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog. I found out a couple of weeks ago that I had been chosen as one of the 12 finalists for the DT call where there are 3 places up for grabs. It was a lovely surprise followed by a lot of angst over what to make, until we were all emailed some decoupage from the cd 'From the Heart of the Garden' by Jane Shasky to see what we could come up with, so that made it a bit easier! I usually go for cute images, so this was a change from my norm and I have to admit I might well get the cd as the images and papers are lovely.

All 12 finalists' cards have been posted on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog and any comments left there will be taken into consideration when Paula and her team are selecting the lucky new DT members. I really would not want the job of deciding who to choose, all the creations are beautiful and a lot of work & care has gone into them!

I must admit that it made a nice change to do some decoupage even though it wasn't die cut, so I had to dust off my decoupage scissors! This is the first time at trying a box card and I was pretty pleased with the result although my photos don't show it off very well as it looks a bit flat! I have been assigned the job of making a retirement card for a lady at work who loves gardening, so this was perfect for her and just in case you were wondering, we are going to give her more than the packet of seeds, lol!




Image & papers - 'From the Heart of the Garden' cd by Jane Shasky

Green card - Coredinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection 'Bundled Sage'
Ribbon, charm & pearls - J & C Creations
Dies/punches  used - Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals', 'Floral Doily Accent', Fiskars Daisy border punch and corner punch, Cheery Lynn 'Exotic Butterflies Small'
Gems & doily from stash
I have inked some of the edges with a Tim Holtz Ditress Ink Pad 'Bundled Sage'


Challenges:
'Anything Other Than A Card' - Come & Get It
'Anything Goes' - Whimsy Stamps
'Lovely Layers' - Divas By Design
'A Different Shape' - Cute Card Thursday
'Anything But Square' - Little Miss Muffet
'Celebrations' - Dream Valley

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning box card Nat! I'm sure the lady who is retiring will be absolutely delighted. Good Luck with your DT application.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty special box. Lots of great detThank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week. ails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Natalie...Good luck!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Nat, love the image and colours, fabulous design and details. Good luck with the DT application,
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fabulous Nat. Love the box card and your layout works so well with it. She will love it.
    Good luck with the DT
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Natalie. you've done a great job with it.
    Best of luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fantastic creation Natalie, love the idea of a box card with the seeds! looks gorgeous! best of luck,
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful project - i love the book design
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week for our layers challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Box card!!
    Thanks for joining CCT this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous I love it.....Good Luck on the DT!

    Glad you found us at Come And Get Challenges....good luck!

    Shell♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi gorgeous card, the book design is a great fab idea. Joined your blog as a new member too...cheers, Annid
    http:/annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow fabulous project - love it! Good luck with the DT posting. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It and good luck in the draw. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation. Super image and colours. Just perfect for a retirement. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and tag. I love the colors and the design.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsy's. Hope to see you again next month. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nat

    This is just amazing - love it - perfect.

    Thank you for coming to visit me and leaving me some very much appreciated comments.

    Take care and have a good week.

    Toodle Pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful project, Nat! I love the colors and the whole design! Good luck! And thanks for sharing this for the Little Miss Muffet challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely! Good luck with your DT call! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your project is just amazing Nat, hope you made the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a shame Nat, I would have picked you definitely:) Well done on the month's dt spot. Know what you mean about the juggling, I need to learn to say NO sometimes lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x