Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sisterhood!

Wow, 4 cards in 4 days, I need a lie down, lol! Today’s card is for J & C Creations monthly calendar and I have chosen April 10th as it  is ‘National Siblings Day’. National Siblings Day is the brainchild of  Claudia Evart, who thought up the day as a way for siblings to honor, recognize and celebrate each other.
I knew I just had to use this fab stamp from Penny Black, not only do I love the characters, but the stamp is called ‘Sisterhood’ – perfect! I have been admiring the different card shapes I have seen on other Blogs and wondering where they can be bought and then whilst rummaging through my dies I had a light bulb moment and realised that I could re-produce one of the shapes using a Sizzix/Tim Holtz die and here is the result. Makes a nice change from my usual square scalloped cards!

J & C Sisterhood

Image - ‘Sisterhood’ – J & C Creations shop coloured with Promarkers
Sentiments printed on my pc
Green card – Coredinations – Crafter’s Companion
Double sided paper & flower – J & C Creations shop
Ribbon – The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop
Brad from stash
Dies used: SB ‘Classic Ovals’ & ‘Floral Ovals’

Challenges:
’Anything Goes’ – Crafty Bloggers Network
’Blossoms & Bows’ – Penny Black & More @ Allsorts
’Birthday Fun’ – Dutch Dare
’Happy Birthday – Dream Valley

Thanks for looking!
Natx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Nat. Such a lovely image and coloured so beautifully. I love the layout and fab shape too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Nat. The image looks fab and I love the colours and layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of stamp for that occasion Nat. Love the sparkly paper and the images are beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Nat, love the image and fabulous colours.
    Thanks for the help you left me,and offering to help by email...may take you up on that later but going to leave my blog as it is for now.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card Nat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous,I love your creation hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous nat.i love your card shape and colours and the image is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Nat!!! :)

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smiling here at your lightbulb moment :)
    Great card love the bright bold colours and great layout and design
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate any comments x